Seasonal cleaning for fireplace glass
|Image courtesy of freedigitalphotos.net|
Seasonal house cleaning demands our attention for so many areas in our home, and fireplace glass is no exception. Once the winter weather rolls in, a wood-burning fireplace or stove becomes a great luxury. The glass makes these amenities just as beautiful as they are functional. The glass on wood burning fireplaces or wood/pellet/ gas stoves requires regular maintenance and cleaning. After the winter season is over, we are less conscientious about keeping the glass clean because we use it less. However, the holiday season is just around the corner, you will be expecting friends and family over. This means that you will need your fireplace to be an attractive centerpiece for entertainment. In order to keep your fireplace looking its best, regular cleaning of the glass and hardware is essential.
Keeping it clean
The most problematic drawback for glass on a stove or fireplace is the buildup of smoke and soot.
- The first step is to remove the glass from your fireplace or stove, and lay it flat on a drop cloth.
- If the weather permits, you may want to perform this procedure outside, as the cleaning of soot and ash can get quite messy.
- It should not be necessary to resort to expensive cleaners, consider cleaning your doors with a damp paper towel or newspaper and leftover ashes.
- Simply use a circular motion to clean the glass. This will effectively loosen even baked-on soot.
- Repeat the process as much as necessary until the soot is completely removed.
- The final step is to shine the glass with a glass cleaner and paper towels. Be careful not to leave streaks, and the glass will appear as good as new.
One of the top house cleaning services in Charlotte, NC
Every home is unique, and that is why Gloria M’s Cleaning Services are customized to meet your cleaning and housekeeping needs. They offer free in-home consultations in an effort to understand your expectations for your household cleaning. Gloria M’s Cleaning Services offers flexibility in the frequency of home cleanings, and options for “green”cleaning services upon request. Keeping your special considerations and your budget in mind, they provide consistent and dependable housecleaning services around your needs. We hope to help you find the right service for your home, by understanding the difference between house cleaning services and Maid services. If you are looking for help with house cleaning, call Gloria M’s for a consultation and pricing. We look forward to hearing from you and answering your house cleaning questions.