Dealing with stubborn odors
|Image courtesy of freedigitalphotos.net|
Seasonal house cleaning always should include the removal of stubborn and offensive odors from the home. In the summertime we can open up the doors and windows, and let the fresh air circulate through the house. However, as the temperatures drop and we keep house closed up, stubborn odors such as cigarette smoke and pet odors begin to reappear. Many of us will be deep cleaning our house before the holidays, and the weather may not permit us to open up windows and doors to remove stale or offensive odors. Allow is to offer some tips that you might find a little more successful:
Eliminating cigarette smoke
- Cigarette smoke permeates everything from clothing to walls and ceilings. It sticks around for years after the smoke has cleared.
- This is one task where you may definitely need some professional help.
- If you decide to handle the tasks yourself, sprinkle baking soda over the carpets and upholstered furniture.
- Let it sit for a few hours.
- Vacuum up the baking soda with a machine that has a HEPA filter.
- After vacuuming, give the furniture a good steam cleaning.
- Walls and ceilings should be sealed and repainted if washing is not possible or ineffective.
One of the top seasonal house cleaning services in Charlotte, NC
Every home is unique, and that is why Gloria M’s Cleaning Services are customized to meet your cleaning and housekeeping needs. They offer free in-home consultations in an effort to understand your expectations for your household cleaning. Gloria M’s Cleaning Services offers flexibility in the frequency of home cleanings, and options for “green” cleaning services upon request. Keeping your special considerations and your budget in mind, they provide consistent and dependable housecleaning services around your needs. We hope you can find the right service for your home, by understanding the difference between house cleaning services and Maid services. If you are looking for help with house cleaning, call Gloria M’s for a consultation and pricing. We look forward to hearing from you and answering your house cleaning questions.